We’re just about to release up the alpha version of Syner.gg for testing, starting from the 1st August, and we need participants to help us check that everything is working well. We’re looking for 20 League of Legends teams to test our platform and the Synergy model, a team composition optimisation model we’ve recently (over a lengthy lengthy year) been developing.
After many moons of tears, tantrums and tribulations, we’ve got ourselves a working model. But, as any statistician worth his salt knows, no predictive model is complete without validation. And that’s where we need your help.
To be able to participate in our data analysis study participants must:
- Be League of legends players of any skill level (but at least level 30)
- Play regularly with a registered team
- Play a minimum of 4 games per week (or 18 games per month) with at least 3 members of your team playing with you in those games
All we would need as a minimum is to register your team with the service so that we can collect your data (no personal data, only League data!) This will really help us improve the model where needed, which will benefit not only League players but also other applications for which this model may be used in the future.
However, as an extra, it would be great if you can:
- Report any bugs you encounter in the service
- Give us feedback on the model and the platform as a whole
In return we can offer:
- First look at a fantastic new platform for team management and analysis
- A first invite to our closed beta launching this Summer
- Pioneer status on our website – we’ll list your summoner name on our website page and acknowledge you as the ones who helped us get it all off the ground
- Acknowledgement in any papers we publish in academic journals on the model
- Science collaboration points (cos let’s be honest they’re the most important bit of it all!)
Obviously if you change your mind at any point we’ll remove your details from our database.
So if you want to help us develop League of Legends data analysis and modelling, whilst having an early look at the new platform we’ll be releasing, please sign up!